"Kelsey's Bible School" as the Beuhla VBS will forever be called at our house is the first week in June. Chase was determined to go this year and I was OK with it as he had been in preschool so I figured he knew how to act. I was at work Mon-Wed so Grandma Linda or Shannon dropped them off and he did fine. He got upset the first day after the beginning was over and he and Callie went to different classes. Callie said they brought him to see her and he was crying. But evidential he recovered cause he loved it and was ready to go back the next day. Then Thursday I was off, Shannon was gone early, we got up to go and about the time to go (8:30ish) the weather got nasty. We lost electricity. VBS called to say with the forecast for the next few hours and limited shelter at the church they were canceling for the day. We hung around the house playing balloons in the dark while the storm blew over. It was getting hot so we decided to go to the library to get started on the summer reading program. After playing there and checking out books we ate at the pizza hut lunch buffet then headed home for naps - the electricity was back on- yeah! So Friday I took them to drop off while Shannon stayed home with Cole. Chase thru a fit and would not stay. He wanted me to stay with him. It was a fit. He didn't want to leave, just wanted me to stay. I am never sure how to handle this and feel everyone is watching/judging. I tired going in for a couple minutes but quickly realized that would not work. I put him in the car and left - with him screaming the whole way. He didn't want to go home. So I pulled around for him to get out. He wouldn't so I left and actually went out onto the highway headed home. I gave a lecture on this being a "get to do thing" not a have to do thing and I was not going to leave him acting like that. He said he would be good so after one more try he finally got out and walked in. Whew!
Friday night was the program. Chase didn't want to go up front but when he couldn't convince me to go up there he finally headed up. He did it all great. Cole was fine seeing Callie up there but when he saw Chase he wanted to go up too.
Moving
10 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment