CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Back to School & Cole

Starting 4th grade with a Male teacher in an iPad pilot classroom with her BFF.
First day of Kindergarten.
We had meet the teacher the night before.  I knew he would have a little trouble but all in all he did great.  He has the same teacher Callie had and she had to help him off me when I left but he did not cry/scream/throw a fit or anything.  So I will take it.  I am still walking him over right now and some days he walks right in and others I still have to have help getting out the door but not a big deal or anything.  He seems to like it.  He doesn't say much but is always ready to go.  As he was going to sleep the night before he said you know I can't read right?  There was a binder (he called it a big book) at his desk so he was worried.  Too cute.  He comes to school with me at 7:30 then Callie and he walk over to the elementary around 7:50.  He is going home with Christy as she has to pick up others and I have to go there to pick up Cole anyway rather than coming to my office for 3-4 like Callie.  It just works better for all.  He is having a snack and having fun playing with Cooper and the others rather than being quiet in the office.  And Callie can do her thing, get her homework done, whatever on her own.
The night before Callie said I couldn't figure out why i was nervous and I realized it was for Chase - so sweet!  She was also worried as in the lunch room Chase would come over for her to open/close things and she was afraid he would get in trouble. 

Cole wanted no part of back to school pics.  I think he even went to Christy's in his jammies that day.



Just a few weeks left in summer and I bit the bullet and cut passy.  He as not happy and kept trying to "fix" it.  But finally thru it away.  He slept very well without it.  It really wasn't too much of a transition.  But he did ask for it a lot more than the others ever did.  Just to see I guess if I would find one for him.  Then one Sunday he messed his pants in Church so I took him out change him in the car.  I laid the seat down we don't usually and out popped a passy - he was so happy - what was I to do I couldn't take it away and take him back into church so I let him have it then cut it after church and that was that - whew!  After a week or so we didn't hear much.  But he loves to look at "me" on my phone - just a little vein and he saw the pic of him in Branson wrapped in a towel with passy and he said PASSY!  "me" is his favorite word we are pretty sure.  Callie and Chase love having him repeat what they say.

One night at the table Callie said I love mommy so he said it then she did Chase, Daddy, Chief with him repeating it.  Finally she did I love Callie and he looked at her and said I love ME.  Another time she said Coley, Coley, Coley and he said Me, Me, ME.  Such a ham.

Since Christy is taking all the 3 year olds she has to potty she is taking Cole too.  No luck/action yet but he loves it - here he is sitting on his throne at her house:



No comments:

Post a Comment