He was excited for his party and his Thomas Cake. I will get no medals for this cake but he liked it and it tasted good. Callie helped with the side and edges.
He wouldn't blow out his candles so the others had to help.
The kids played so well together and really seemed to enjoy the party.
We did the cake, ate, and then they were playing so well I hated to interrupt with doing the gifts. I delay awhile but then offered if he wanted to open them. He ran right up to but then flew thru the gifts, just tearing them open and trying to run back down after each one, we would tell him he had more and he would come back and tear one open. He had no idea what he got. Later on he came back up and played with all the new toys and loved them.
But he was still sure to tell you he was only 2.
We made cupcakes to take to Mary's for his actual birthday. We would tell him that it was his birthday and he would say he already had a birthday. He asked if he got another Thomas cake and we said no sprinkle cupcakes so he was ready for that. He ate a couple that night getting them ready to take the next day :-)
We are still working on him accepting that he is 3!
We had a busy evening with homework and dance class so I let the kids get happy meals on the way home from Mary's house for his birthday. It was so nice we actually played outside awhile, ate McDonalds, he opened his presents from us and played with them while I took Callie to dance.
Moving
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment