CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Frogs

Callie, Mom and I found these little frogs in a self sustaining eco system at a hallmark store in KC.  When Mom and I went shopping on black friday I brought them home to the kids.  They love them and immediately brought stools over to sit and watch them.  You feed them four pellets twice a week - wed and sat.  Callie rushed in to check on the frogs the first day she went back to school after Thanksgiving break and found one belly up.  Oh fun - but she took it pretty well.  My brilliant husband took the kids to flush him.  That night Chase was doing his business - fairly new at that at the time - on the potty and looked down saying frog going to bite me?  Great now he thinks a frog is going to come out of the toilet.  But that passed.  I felt bad about the one remaining frog though.  So I got online and found that it actually had a 30 replacement warranty.  So I called and they overnighted a frog to us.  That is right we received a frog thru the mail - it was in a large box with very thick Styrofoam and a little baggie of water.  Going on two months now and both are doing well so far.  The kids enjoy them and they are low maintenance.  An interesting adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment