CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Things to remember about this holiday season

I wish I would have done this as we went along but hopefully I can remember some:

Callie making a list of everyone she wanted to give a gift to and then "finding" a gift for them.  It could not be what we were getting them.  This had to be her gift.  Which meant she found something in her room to give or made them something.  Some got change, some got gifts made at the church after school program, some got things she had made previously and was ready to give away, and lucky Jenna and Ellen got a couple Arby's kids meal books and very used chap stick - yikes!  She wrapped them all up in her room and if they weren't in sacks I had no idea what was in them.  I love her giving heart.  She was very sincere and into it.  Now we just need to work on what is an appropriate gift.  She had already done so many and if I tried to change her mind she was so adamant.  I just did a lot of explaining to people this year rather than hurt her feelings.

Chase calling everything hoho.  Hoho santa clause, hoho tree, hoho lights, hoho hat, hoho reindeer.

The kids looking at Christmas lights.  The were too cute in the back seat.  I like that one, that one is my favorite, ohhh look at my side.

I always wonder where the break went and try to think back on it so here is our break:

Saturday the 17th - I had gotten a drawer container for Callie's closet.  We cleaned the house and then we majorly cleaned and organized Callie's room.  I had used her closet for storage that could easily have gone to the basement.  So to the basement it went and once she had her closet back we put all "her" stuff in there to make her room more "chase proof".  It looked awesome and now Chase could come in and play without causing WWIII.  So nice.  And Callie found she could actually find things.

Monday Shannon had to work so it was just the kids and I at home on a rainy day.  We had fun.  Watched a lot of kids Christmas TV and went to Freddies for lunch to use some of the gift certs Callie had from the after school program.  It was an adventure to dine in with the two of them but we had fun.

Tuesday the kids and I went to Grandma Peggy's house for the day to bake Christmas goodies.  Mostly the kids played and Mom and I baked but it was a good day.  Mom and Dad went back to Fort Scott with us and the kids got McDonalds before heading home.  They had eaten enough cookies during the day!

Wednesday Shannon still had to work and I had to work in the morning.  The kids went to John and Lindas to play.  I wasn't feeling too great so I napped in the PM.  NICE!

Thursday we were all home (I did get my hair done - not that that is exciting - and went to walmart)

Friday we were home but went to the Mall Deli to eat, drove around looking at Christmas lights, and went home to watch the return of santa paws movie.  An absurdly sad kids Christmas show.  Callie loved it and I did too with tears running down my face :-)

Saturday was Christmas Eve at John and Linda's and then the candle light service at Church.

Sunday was Christmas morning, Church, and then to Mom and Dad's for Christmas there.

Monday the toy chaos was too much for us so even though it seemed too early for me we took the tree and most decorations down - putting up some snowmen and getting the house back in order to make room for the new toys.

Tuesday we played at home with all our new goods but went out to eat in the evening.

Wednesday I had to work in the AM and then we played some more.

Thursday we took the kids to Mom's, dropped the car off for service at Garnett, and took Dad's truck to KC to get bunk beds.  Shannon and I had a good trip together to KC.

Friday John and Linda had Shelby at their house and wanted the kids to come play.  So I got ready for the party and maybe had a little nap while John and Shannon assembled the bunk beds.  We got Callie's room and the beds all ready for them.  They were so excited to come home and see them.  I will write more on that in another post.

Saturday was New Year's Eve and we had Chase's birthday party.

Sunday we just went to Church and had a normal restful Sunday getting ready to head back to it all on Monday.

A few random pis:



Ginger bread house from the church after school program.

The life!

No comments:

Post a Comment