CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 5, 2010

$16

I never have cash so all Callie has grown up seeing me use is my debit card. A couple years ago my mom had her at big lots picking out cheap summer sandbox toys. To help avoid the "wants" constantly she knew well the only one thing rule. She had picked out her one thing but Grandma had another one she thought they should buy. After finally convincing Callie that since she was with Grandma they could get more than one thing (not like mean old mom), she let Callie pay with a $5 bill. Well Callie thought that was the best thing ever - she got 2 things, give them one bill, and they have her back two bills and some coins!!!
But still money doesn't mean much to her and even with the tooth fairy coming the money wasn't that exciting. I don't know where it came from but one day on the way to Marys she said she wanted to go shopping and take her moneys to buy something. I figured it was a passing thing but sure enough the minute we got home that day she headed to her room. I could hear her in there counting one dollar, five dollars. She came out and announced that she had $16. I went to look. She had 2 five dollar bills and 6 one dollar bills. I was SO impressed. Off we went to walmart, up and down all thru the toys to figure out what she wanted. She purchased a little dog that would fit in her hand and when you petted it it would wag its tail. So the next day she was making it a house out of an old kleenx box. It was bedtime and I was hurrying her along. She said just a minute I need to reinforce the back of this. Reinforce - not a word I expected her to use and correctly.
That is all the bragging on Callie for today - thanks for listening :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment