CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 8, 2010

Tubes

Friday Chase had an ear check as it had been 2 weeks since we were last there for an ear infection. The 10 days of antibiotics ran out Monday. He still had fluid and infection. The doctor was very concerned that he cannot continue like this. Since Thanksgiving weekend we are on the 4th round of antibiotics and hardly more than a week off in between. Even when we would go and there wasn't infection, there was always fluid. So she gave him a high powered shot and 10 more days of antibiotics to try to clear it up and instructions to see about getting tubes put in. It was late in the day Friday so first thing this morning I called Dr. Baker's office as he is the one that put tubes in Callie's ears in April 2008. They had no openings until March and I was about to scream when they said but we have had a cancellation for today at 1:30 if you could do that. Well we will make it work as I don't want him to be on antibiotics until March. By the time I got back to work at 2:30 we had seen doctor Baker and gone for pre-op. He is getting tubes put in Wednesday at 7 AM. Don't know how they didn't have an office appointment until March but could do the surgery in two days. I know he absolutely needs it and it is no big deal. However it is still hard for me. When Callie had hers put in it was only month after Connnor passed away and it was very hard. Now I know what to expect and know it is very quick so I think I am a little more at ease. However he is so much younger. Dr. Baker is so nice and we discussed Connor. Oh course he gave me the we have no idea what causes it and it in no way increases the risk for Chase in anyway. I KNOW THAT but it is still hard. I think God knew the quicker we got it done the less time I had to stress. Why do we think we have control anyway? Any and all prayers would be appreciated though.

No comments:

Post a Comment