CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 15, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend Ramblings




Callie had her hair fixed and her dance recital pictures taken on Saturday. Then Maria and I had lunch and pedicures. Mom and Dad came down for the afternoon and evening. Sunday we went to Church with Shannon’s Grandma then to her house for lunch. We never make a big deal of mother’s day yet it seems like I remember them vividly. It was on mother’s day that we told Shannon’s family that we were pregnant with Callie. Two years ago I remember being at Shannon’s Grandma’s church and I was huge and uncomfortable counting down the days until I was due with Connor. So two years later we were at the same church and getting the same flower for mother’s day recognition but oh how our lives have changed in those two years. Last year on mother’s day was when Shannon and I found out we were pregnant with Chase. Talk about a day filled with all kinds of emotions. So all in all this year was a very uneventful mother’s day. However, Chase had had such a rough night that combine with a rough week and no progress on the stomach, eating, or sleeping fronts I decided to switch formulas. The doctor said that the extremely expensive hypoallergenic formula that he was on was the best for sensitive stomachs but I decided we had nothing to lose and went to walmart before leaving for church and bought the Enfamil AR formula that thickens in their stomachs thinking that it might help with the reflux. I was pretty much at my wits end by that point. He was so uncomfortable and unsettled. I was exhausted, stressed, worried, and could see no end in sight or anything that might it any better. It seems like the new formula might be helping. He actually seemed much better at first but I have thought that before just to have the bottom drop out so I am just trying to patiently wait to see this time. He slept better Sunday night and then even better Monday and Tuesday nights and was taking his bottles very well. Then Wednesday he was very constipated and fussy. We added karo syrup to his last two bottles. He had a very restless, fussy night Wednesday night but had a huge blow out first thing Thursday morning – guess the karo did its trick. Yet still we had a rough night last night so I am not sure what to think!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment