I'm going to go backwards:
I tried for some picture before Church - they all tried hard but with the sun, wind, and three kids along with my abilities this was what we got:
Cole can you take out passy? He put mickey and passy behind him.
Chase held onto puppy and his new alarm clock. Then went to retrieve Cole's stuff for him.
With the dog but Callie not very lady like
Cole had just figured out what to do when the others left us
One last attempt but Cole would not give up passy by now.
After Church we went to John and Linda's house for lunch and to spend the day.
Saturday we went to Mom and Dad's to their church Easter party. They put on such a nice event for the kids. The guys worked cattle and we spent the day having fun together. The kids were exhausted. My camera ran out of battery as I tried to take the first picture. Cole would look at the ground and say eggs? Sunday about 3:30 AM I hear Chase asking Callie is she thinks the Easter Bunny has come.... I went in to see what was going on and he said isn't it wake up time. No buddy, go back to bed. But at 7AM when Cole started stirring Chase was up in a flash.
Friday we colored eggs and when to the mall to eat and get pictures with the Bunny himself. Cole had been so scared of Santa but my kids have all liked the EAster Bunny way better than Santa when little and i have always had a pic with them. I didn't know what to expect from cole but he doesn't like for others to hold him so my best hope was he would let Callie. Callie and Chase both said they didn't want to sit on his lap - no problem - one on each side. Cole didn't want to sit on Callie's lap- he was good to go with the Bunny. He loved him. Actually cried when I took him off and then kept running back up to him...he had a basket of candy beside him and he wanted to hand it the bunny piece by piece. Too cute!
Wednesday Chase had had his preschool Easter party and egg hunt. Thursday Christy had a party for them at daycare - the Easter Bunny came the night before and hid eggs. They dyed eggs and had a blast - she amazes me. Chase was going thru his goodie bag and I said did Christy get you bubbles too, that was so nice...and he said 'NO IT WAS THE EASTER BUNNY. Of course, silly me.
Thursday night after I had Cole and Chase to sleep, Callie asked if she could come out and talk to me. I had stuff to do in the kitchen so she came out with me. She asked if the Easter Bunny was real. I did my standard what do you think? But quickly realized we weren't going that easy route. She said Brady had said that only God has those powers and that made sense to her. (later she said that she had begged Brady to tell her the truth, she had told Catherine she 50/50 believed that day but Catherine was 100%). I asked her if she REALLY wanted me to tell her. She said yes so I told her. She said can I cry... and she cried and cried. She said I guess that means Santa and the tooth fairy too? Sorry babe. The hardest was Elfie - she loved him so. I told her it changed nothing and we would still do it all for Cole and Chase. She said she wanted to know it was just so sad. It was as hard on Shannon and I as it was on her. She didn't sleep well at all. Friday she was laying it on thick for Chase. Too funny. Man growing up is hard. I did get to rock her a lot that night though ;-)
Moving
10 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment