Callie has been so excited for Kindergarten to start. She went with Chase back to Mary's on Monday and Tuesday. Tuesday night was meet the teacher night. She was very excited for that, although it was very quick and not much to it. She got to pick where we went to eat afterwards so of course we ended up at the Mall Deli. She couldn't sleep the night before because she was so excited. The only time she wavered was when another little girl was nervous at the meet the teacher night. As we were trying to get to bed Tues night she said "I can't believe the day is finally here!" She was up before she had to be Wed morning and even let me put her hair in pig tails. She was so excited that I couldn't help but be excited - that helped a lot. They are only going half days this week to help them transition into all day Kindergarten. So I walked her over to her classroom (our school is all connected K-12 so I can go from my office to her classroom easily - also helped me:-) and she was off. I walked over to pick her up after lunch and she said she had a good day but was pretty quiet. She liked it but was disappointed that they hadn't done some of the things she expected (recess to see Hattie, snacks, classwork) I explained that it was the first day and only a half day so they would get to do those things later on. She had gotten to go to gym and the library which she really liked. She had only eaten her fruit at lunch so we still need to work on that! The only thing she had trouble with was she got seperated going into the lunchroom and got upset (she told me she got that upset feeling and then felt like she was going to cry and then did cry ;-) but one of the other K teachers got her back to her class and all was fine. She was very ready to go back today and see what today would be like!!!!!
One other funny story - Mon night I was swinging her and she was talking about how excited she was for K but that she was worried about two things: eating lunch (we have been trying to get her to eat faster, try new things, etc.) so she wouldn't be hungry later and going to the principals office. I don't even know how she knows there is such as thing as the principal but she wondered how you got sent there and what happened then. So Tues at lunch I was telling our elem principal and the whole table this. Our superintendent said now what Kindergarten says somethink like I am worried about two things, is she really 5? Kendra quickly says "Julie's daughter". Sadly that is so true. On our way over yesterday someone said wow is that a mini-me or what - she won't get lost.
Chase has not been at all happy when I had to wake him up to go to Mary's on Mon or Tues. Wed he got up on his own but still wasn't too thrilled to be up. Hence he got to keep his passy for a few minutes. He has also started to be attached to his blanket (funny because forever he acted like blanket would hurt him). Usually he would stay with me while I finished getting ready but instead he went to sit beside Callie and eat like Callie. So cute! Then before we left Callie told him he had to be brave and go to Mary's alone because she was going to Kindergarten.


Is Chase always "in charge" of the remotes? Too cute! I hope Callie has a wonderful year in kindergarten.
ReplyDelete