CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 25, 2009

To Sleep or Not to Sleep?

When I last left you we were headed to the Chiropractor for the first time.....that night, Wed, he slept absolutely terrible. So of course I was thinking so much for that but knew in reality that I need to give it some time. We have kept giving him the zyrtec as it has kept him from being congested since he began it and a half dose of the zantac (I was giving half AM and half PM but for the last week I have been doing all AM and skipping the PM dose). Thurs night was not too bad but not good and same for Fri night but we were in a hotel that night. Sat night he did good but we thought he may have just been that exhausted or glad to be home, although that has never worked before. Then Sun and Mon night were good (he had his second adjustment on Mon).....and Tues night great...He slept 11.5 hours and I got up 2 times to give passy and once to feed - wow! I was dancing yesterday. I had taken the day off to take Callie to swim lessons and to take Chase to his 3rd chiropractor appt. I got some housework done and felt great. Maybe we were finally on our way to some sleeping. I said that I wasn't going to get too excited as I had thought we were on the right track before just to have the bottom drop out but really we all know I was saying that but feeling like WE WERE FINALLY THROUGH! I mean I was planning the 4th of July (also Chase's half birthday) and going like mad. Had I done this post yesterday it would have been a great post.........HOWEVER, he didn't do good at all last night. UP about every hour. SO is this just a fluke, bad night, all babies have them.....or is it back to the same old thing???? I am anxious for this day to be over so we can see how tonight goes. I am tired of the roller coaster. We do have another Chiropractor appt tomorrow and I am supposed to call the pediatrician to let her know how the zantac/zertyc are doing. Several people commented on how happy he looks in the pictures. He is a happy baby with a good disposition. As long as he gets rest he is not a fussy baby. Back when we had feeding problems he was fussy when trying to eat and he is fussy when he can't sleep but other than that he is great. This does as least reassure me that surely nothing is too wrong with him or he would be upset more. That is why it being a reaction to the meds kept being what I was blaming the not being able to sleep on....but who knows. I am letting him eat more baby food as he loves to eat off the spoon and not worrying so much about how much formula he is drinking. From what I have read he is getting plenty. He is sitting up longer and longer on his own. So we will see what the night holds tonight........
Also for those of you who have, or know of someone who has, experience with infant chiropractic care - how many times did they go. He said probably 6 times. He makes a good case for it and it really does seem to make sense to me.

2 comments:

  1. I'm reading all of this about Chase and I'm thinking a good thought. Hopefully when he gets a little older he'll be one of these people who requires very little sleep. I often wish I were the type who jumped out of bed at 5:00 to run, weed the garden, drink coffee and then get ready for work. But.........that just isn't gonna happen in my life! :) Goodluck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking about Chase and his sleeping. I'm glad you got a little sleep recently. I am so sorry to hear that he is having so many issues.

    If you feel up to it anytime Bonnie (the blog link from my page) has posted some interesting things she learned in a grief class. I don't know what is helpful and what isn't so feel free to check it out if you want.
    I love ya.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete