For a couple weeks he was obsessed with his feet - and had choice words for whoever gave him these shoes.



He has also discovered his voice and likes to see how LOUD he can be!Well the formula switched seemed to fix the eating issues but the sleeping issues continued to spiral downward - hence I have just been surviving and not taken time to do things like update the blog. Last week it had gotten to the point that he would never sleep over 45 min and I was a mess. It seemed to me that when we went on the prevacid that it was because of the feeding issues and he was sleeping OK. Then a week after being on the prevacid was when the sleeping started taking a dramatic downward turn. The feeding problems continued until we switched formulas so I decided over the weekend to take him off the prevacid. Within 48 hours it was clear he needed a reflux medicine so I asked them to switch him and we started Zantac last Wednesday. No change in the inability to sleep for the first 3 nights but then Sat night was better, Sun even better, and by Mon and Tues nights he was about back to where we were before the prevacid nightmare began the end of April!!!!! But it took a week of the prevacid building up in his system before he stopped sleeping so I got worried that once the zantac built up it would be the same way. Last night was a week and he did not do very good at all. Nothing like before but not too great either. I am holding my breath that it was just a fluke and not something starting but after everything I am having a hard time being positive. Chase is 5 months old today and I feel like we are still in the survival mode of the first weeks home with an infant (but now I have to go to work too). I am just so ready for it to settle down and be more in a frame of mind to enjoy Chase and Callie! Enough whining - I'll let you know how the nights progress - here's hoping that we have it all fixed!

I love the first naked picture of Chase. I love his cute little baby body. The picture where he is fighting his shoes is so sweet. You can see that he is thinking bad thoughts about the shoe giver. I just want to kiss his cute little cheeks.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear about the sleeping and reflux issues. Has your mom been able to come up now that school is out?
ReplyDelete