CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 30, 2013

New Beginnings

 Shannon went back to work on Monday, August 12th.  I went back to full time then too (after enjoying my vacation time while working longer days on M-W so I could have T-F off this summer!)  My mom ended up coming down to watch the kids on Monday since Linda had a kidney stone.  Tuesday John and Linda watched Cole while Callie went with Chase to the new daycare.  Chase and Cole started at the new daycare on Wednesday and Callie started 3rd grade.

Chase was fine when Callie went but when I left them the next day he was NOT happy.  He like it though and has had no trouble since.  In fact by the second week he said he wished he could stay and play longer when I picked him up. YES!  Cole still cries when I leave him but Christy said he is fine before I am even out of the driveway.  All she has to say is want to eat - he loves his food!  He is fine then the rest of the day.  And so far has been napping great too!  I think it is going well and am so relieved!

Callie got several of her friends, including her two best, in her class as she was happy.  She really likes her teacher and the three most exciting thing right now are: music when working, shoes off if you have your socks on, and a class pet frog!

Chase started preschool on Wed, Aug 28th but he got to visit the last week of summer for a few hours while I ran in to work on a Thursday.  He was NOT excited and did NOT want me to leave.  But he LOVED it and has been asking when he gets to go back to Ms. Lori's ever since.  He got to do so many things and brought papers home.  He loved showing them off and being such a big boy.  He has been wanting to work on his letter/ numbers ever since.  I was not sure the visit was a good idea as I thought he would worry more about it then but it was a great idea.  It was so nice to have him looking forward to it rather than not wanting to go.  He visited again the week before it started and walked right in.  He was nervous wondering if Christy knew where to pick him up:-)  He did great and we thought we were good to go.  Oh course not.  On the first day he was tired and did not want to go - he just wanted to go to Christy's.  We dropped Cole off at Christy's house and headed to preschool.  I had to pry him out of the car and carry him in kicking and screaming.  It was a fit - he wasn't crying, just screaming.  He has had a lot of changes and I think was just testing to see what he could get away with.  Lori held him while I left and she said he was fine within minutes.  Today was the second day and he was not happy about going but did not throw a fit either.  I would like to be able to drop him off but Christy will if that is the way we have to go.  She picks him up when it is over.

I don't have my camera to download the pics I took of him his first day but here they are on Callie's first day.


No comments:

Post a Comment