Callie had a terrible staff infection on her stomach right at her waistline. It was a tough week for her and finally on Friday I left her at home with John and Linda. I got her in to the doctor late in the day. We picked Shannon up after school and went over. After a traumatic appointment we did a little shopping at Kohl's and Gymboree then went to Buffalo Wild Wings to eat, just Shannon, Callie and I. The boys were still with Grandma and Grandpa.
Saturday we headed up to Mom and Dad's house for the Kincaid fair. Callie was feeling pretty tough still but managed to have fun by afternoon/evening on the rides. We ate lunch at their house, went in to the parade, visited, rode some rides, then Shannon and I took the boys home for a rest while Callie stayed a little longer with mom and dad. Tom's family was at the house so not much resting was done but it was a nice break. After supper we headed back in for more rides and ONE game. Callie happily brought home the stuffed turtle she won and Chase was attached to the crocodile a teenage girl gave to him. Grandma spoiled them with light up swords too. We went back to mom and dad's to get PJs on and feed Cole a bottle before heading home. I had to drain Callie's sore so it took way longer and was again traumatic. We didn't end up leaving till 10 or so.
About 3AM Shannon started getting sick. Since school started he has had strep throat and the pukes once already. Now AGAIN!!! By Sunday at 8PM he was still getting sick every half hour or so. I had called John and Linda to help with the kids on their way home from church. So after I got baths done and Callie's sore drained (it was getting much better and she did it and it was much less traumatic) I took Shannon to the ER. He got fluids and anti-nausea meds. Bloodwork showed nothing so just a bug. It was a fast ER experience and we were home before 11. A tired start to the week for me. Shannon was home Monday and Tuesday but was feeling better by Wednesday.
Cole is getting up in the night once to eat and sometimes another time that I rock him back to sleep. His 2nd tooth appeared beginning of the week!
Wednesday was early release for Callie so she spent the afternoon with Linda. She didn't get home until close to bedtime so it was just the boys in the evening. I wanted to get a shot of Chase rocking the pink tricycle because he is so cute riding it and one of Cole smiling. Neither really happened!
| I didn't know until after I took this that Chase was back! |
| Gone again on the bicycle! |
| Turning around and coming back. |
| You can line up your wheels when you have an older sister, 5 older boy cousins, and a garage sale Grandma. |

No comments:
Post a Comment