CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

March 2012 - Spring break

We have had a pretty laid back March.  By the weekends we were ready for some home quiet time, or at least I was!
Spring break was unusually warm but rainy Tues-Friday.  That didn't seem to stop the kids.  Saturday starting spring break was our 11th anniversary.  That Friday before Callie did not have school so John and Linda kept he kids.  Shannon and I went out to eat then.  On Saturday we had a nice day at home and then went out to eat as a family.  Sunday we spent the day at Mom and Dad's house.  Monday I left early in the day to get groceries for the week.  Callie was still inside in her PJs, Chase and Shannon were outside, and our neighbor Roy and his Grandson were fishing in their pond right beside our house.  When I got home I drove in to the site of Shannon, Chase, and Callie fishing with them.  Callie had gotten dressed for the event - there she was fishing and loving it in her pink and black tutu.  That's my girl.  Once the rainy days hit the kids went out a few different times and played.  It was a nice steady rain with no storms and I put them straight in the bath when they came in.  Wednesday the kids each had their wellness yearly check-up and I had my 35 week appointment.  What a fun trip to Joplin!  Friday Shannon and his Dad headed to the KC area to pick up my Craig's list find.  I am still so excited about it.  We were still using the kitchen table I got when I was in an apartment.  We had outgrown it and it was just not made for the use it had had leaving on side unsupported.  We use this table constantly to eat, play, craft, etc and with the kids so little I hated to spend a lot of money.  It would soon by very used.  But it is such a focus in the kitchen that I wanted it to look nice.  I had never purchased from Craig's list before but decided to look around.  I found just what I wanted for $200 - table and 4 chairs.  I love it and it looks so nice in the kitchen.  Such an improvement!  It has some wear if you look CLOSELY but give us a couple weeks and we will have our own wear marks on it!  Love it!  Saturday Mom and Dad came down.  It was finally not raining so we took the kids to Lake Side and spent the entire afternoon - ducks, fishing, and mostly playground.



 Chase still loves "big puppy" so much.  Callie has a ton of stuffed animals and sleeps and plays with them a lot but they all rotate.  She had one outside this afternoon so Chase had to go get puppy. 



When Chase sleeps he has big puppy, big blue blankie, little blue blankie, and brown blankie, along with a small raccoon, puppy, and fox.  There is roll call!  If he gets in trouble, gets hurt, tired or scared he goes to get big puppy and blankie (big blue one). 

No comments:

Post a Comment