McAdam Memorial Day gathering - so nice to get together!!! We grew up together every Sunday night so the least we can do is see each other's families once a year!!! Jeff hosted again and smoked meat. Andrea and Emily did minute to win it games for the kids they loved. It rained a lot but the kids didn't mind at all. We all dressed knowing it would be an outside adventure and as we left took a picture - muddy and all - but what a great group and a great time.
We were supposed to camp out that weekend with the Clevengers but rain cancelled that. So we were just going to get together Monday evening. However my eye had started to bother me Sunday. I thought I had gotten something in it when outside but by nighttime was starting to figure out it might be more. It was pretty much swollen shut Morning. So off to quick care I went. And that cancelled the evening get together to avoid spreading it. The drops helped and I was better to go to work Tuesday but still pretty bad. I ended up getting it in both eyes, the drops not clearing it up, went to ointment, then finally the eye doctor on Friday for different yet drops. What a LONG process!!! And in the night Monday night Callie was coughing like crazy, I went to giver her med and she was burning up. Shannon took her to doc Tuesday and it was strep. Callie and Chase had just both gotten perfect attendance awards for school - funny timing. She was down a couple days.
Shannon went on Thursday/Friday and again on Sunday to Manhattan to watch their baseball and softball teams at the state tournament. I worked Tues-Thurs as best I could. But by Friday was done! Mom came down to help with the kids Friday. We did take them to the library to get started on the summer reading program.
Saturday we sucked it up and went to Silver Dollar City. We had the vouchers with our season passes and didn't want to miss out. It ended up being a GREAT day! We left EARLY and were in the park by 9:30. It closed at 7 but then we did souvenirs (as a reward for chores/helping me since school had been out) so it was 8 by the time we left. I do not think there were many rides in that park someone in our family did not ride that day!!! We rode as a family on a few rides, the boys and I while Shannon & Callie did, then Callie and Chase several then Chase & Cole several. It was a LONG GREAT day - I was impressed by their stamina. It was so nice!!!
Chase's coach pitch/t-ball started on the next Tuesday. Shannon is the coach. There are two games a week for four weeks. So they had a game again on Thursday.
Callie had VB camp on Wed/Thurs that she enjoyed.
Friday we went to the Galena Nature Center. The kids had a blast. We ate and played but did not take suits for them as the water was cold. We had to promise we would head back soon with swim suits.
![]() |
| His K teacher sent this to me over the summer as she was going thru stuff - said she loved his book ;-) |
| Andrea and Emily had minute to win it games for the kids - they loved it! |
| Our wet, dirty crew - but what a great picture! |


No comments:
Post a Comment