CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 25, 2013

Callie's Birthday & Halloween


On Halloween Callie turned 9!!!  Crazy!

Weekend prior to Halloween:   Callie and her bff, Catheryn, had a joint birthday party the weekend before for their class (they are in the same section again this year).  Their party was at the YMCA swimming pool in Pittsburg.  It was from 3-5.  We let them swim for an hour.  Had cake and drinks, open presents, and swam the rest of the time.  The kids had a great time.  They were a great group.  Chase woke up from nap in time he wanted to come too.  I was nervous taking him when I was going to be busy but decided to give it a try with a warning that Daddy would come get him if need be.  He could not have done better.  He swam the entire time, ate cake with the kids, didn't need me but was cautious/not crazy in the water, wore his life jacket without complaint.  It was fun and he was exhausted.  Callie is so good with him like that too - when I looked to see where he was eating cake he was on the towel right next to her.  Although if you ask him were he went/was going he always said Catheryn's birthday party (not Callie's - he thinks Catheryn and her little sister are great).
So by the time I snuck out of the house not waking up a napping Cole with the kids, their swim gear, the cake, the party supplies - I got there and when pulling up realized I did not have my camera.  Catheryn's mom took a lot of good pics to share with me so once I receive them I will update with them.

Halloween:  Callie opened her presents from us before school.  That evening we did our normal stops and while at the UMC trunk or treat in Frontenac we met up with Catheryn and her family.  We went together to the area we usually t-r-t.  They four big kids went non stop.  Cole splashed in puddles as it had rained all day - he and daddy were usually a lot behind.  The kids had a great time and once they were done we headed to John and Lindas for the last stop.  Callie had some drama getting her clown makeup off!

Costumes - Chase's must have that made no sense to me.  Callie was going to be a monster high girl cleo de nile but changed to clown when she found the wig at Grandma Peggy and Grandpa Gary's house.  We ordered the overalls and shoes that she had to have online.  They were quickly ditched as too hard to walk in - hum who would have seen that coming???  Cole I ordered an 18month as that is easily what he is wearing.  It was way too snug.  He wore it but the hood would not come up :-)

Weekend after Halloween:  We had Callie's family birthday party.  She decided she wanted a rainbow cake.  Rather than cooking I had opted for pizza so we had plenty of time to cake decorate.  Callie and Chase made the cake.  I made the frosting.  Colored the blue and frosted the cake.  I piped the white edging on.  Then Callie and Chase took over.  I separated the frosting out and they colored them.  I put the frosting in pouches.  Callie decorated her cake all by herself and Chase decorated napkins or cupcakes with left over frosting.  We had so much fun.  They did great.  I was so glad I was not stressed or busy cooking so I could enjoy it and not mind the mess.  Great memories!

















No comments:

Post a Comment