Chase carried the basketball out for the king at Riverton's homecoming on Friday, January 11th. He had gone over to practice on the Wednesday morning before. He wasn't too into doing it but what broke it for him was he didn't want to wear the fancy clothes. We took him to the Deli to eat before heading to the game. I literally had to dress him fighting me all the way. Once inside he wasn't too much better but as long as I sat and held him he didn't fight it. Close to time Shannon took him back stage while we went to the stands. I knew he had a much better chance of doing it without me. He did it perfectly. Never cracked even a pleasant look but did it exactly as he was supposed to. Twirled the ball a little and I could tell the boy with him was wondering if he would have to get onto him but he didn't. I loved that after he had to give the ball up he stood there with his hands in his pockets. Too adorable. He was so excited to get to me afterwards. They gave him a present for doing it. Callie had really enjoyed watching the end of the girls game and he really enjoyed watching the beginning of the boys game. But it was getting much later than I thought we would be and I was taking the home alone while Shannon stayed for the dance. So after playing in Daddy's room for awhile and getting our bottles of pepsi - more bribery payoff - we headed home.
He looks too cute, but soo serious!
ReplyDelete