The big kids went to the CR Co Fair one morning with Shannon to see the animals. They played at John and Linda's with Shelby (Callie spent the night).
Mom had Tom's two boys, Dennis's three boys and Callie spend the night. They had fun!!! We went up and spent the day, going home in time for Cole's nighttime bottle. Chase thought he wanted to stay too but we said next year. Mom and Dad brought Callie home the next evening.
One day we went to Lakeside to feed the ducks, fish, and play on the playground. Cole loves being outside. So I just walked around the lake pushing him and he was happy. Thankfully the terribly hot weather we had in July broke and made all of this enjoyable in August.
On Shannon's birthday we went to Joplin to eat at Buffalo Wild Wings and then took the kids to the jump place, Macaroos, in Joplin. They had fun and it was easy for us to watch them while sitting and playing with Cole. Observing them at places like that I always think how different it is for Chase since he has Callie to follow and play with.
The last few weeks Shannon has taken Callie and Chase down to our almost completely dry pond in the evenings. The LOVE it. They take in all the snakes, frogs, birds, etc. Hike, get dirty, whatever. I load Cole up in the stroller and we go on a walk. Cole is so happy outside.
| Yes he is wearing play goggles on his head. |
| Yes this is my girlie girl. |
| Who could not enjoy exercise when looking down at this the entire time! |
On August 20th Chase had his 3rd set of tubes put in. The beginning of summer he got sick - sinus infection, ear infection, cough. After a couple days on the Amoxicillan he broke out in nasty hives. So just like Callie he had developed an allergy to it. They switched his antibiotic and after 10 days he wasn't completely well so another 10 days of antibiotics followed. Then we really began noticing that he couldn't hear and he talked so loud. Had to wait for an appointment with the ENT. After waiting and bugging them I got an earlier cancellation appointment. Tubes not working but maybe plugged so try drops to unplug them for two weeks. Back to ENT, still not working so scheduled to get the 3rd set in. They drained a ton of think yucky stuff out (I'm sure that is the exact terminology that the ENT used) and placed a different type of tube in to hopefully last longer. It had only be 8 months since set #2 was placed and they hoped they would last 18-24 months. These should last 2 years but we will see!
Arma homecoming was Aug 18th so we went to the parade in the morning and back for the rides in the evening. They had a blast and once again Cole was happy in his stroller until we went back to John and Linda's.
On Wednesday, August 15th, Callie started 2nd grade, Chase went back to Mary's, and Cole went to Mary's for the first time. Wow! Callie is loving school. Chase is happy at Mary's house and is even doing good so far with getting up, dressed and out the door. I'll take it while I can but doubt it will last. Cole has had some eating issues there but is doing fine. I took the same bottles but disposable liner ones and he would not eat out of them. After I took the bottles from home he was fine. Poor guy was starving himself at first!!!
Cole is still sleeping great by my standards. He goes to bed 9:30-10:30 and sleeps till 4ish sometimes, 5:30ish normally, and even longer sometimes. So I think he is doing great. Even when he gets up at 4 to drink his bottle he goes right back down. Then I just don't have to get up as early since he has already had his bottle. He has just done so well compared to my other kids. I am amazed. I know by this age Callie was sleeping great too and all of that changed when teething started and it was a long haul again. So I am enjoying this right now but aware that it could change at any time. Even good things are just a phase!
I love it when Cole "talks" to us, he loves to grab his feet, chews on both hands at once all the time, chew on his feet, rolls to his side but his arm gets in his way, is grabbing things, chews on everything, drools a lot, is eating cereal twice a day, taking 5 bottles in 24 hours, loves to stand, tries to sit up in his car seat and bath tub, and likes to hit the music/light/fish thing in his crib!!! Callie thinks he is so cute. Chase does too sometimes ;-)

No comments:
Post a Comment