CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Tubes

I made an ENT check up appointment for Chase (had to wait over a month to get in) because while he hadn't had many infections, I wanted to make sure his hearing was OK.  He couldn't seem to hear when in the back seat, even though Callie could.  When we were laying down at night or up in the morning before everyone else and I would talk quiet he would say "Talk louder Mom."  Seemed strange to me for a kid his age.  The ENT said both ears were full of fluid and did a hearing test that should have shown a bell curve line but instead was a flat light.  Said he was hearing like he had his fingers blocking his ears.  They could put tubes in the next week.
So yesterday was the day.  He couldn't have anything to eat or drink after midnight.  Chase likes milk in the night sometimes when he wakes up and of course that night he woke up.  I told him we were out of milk and would get some first thing in the morning.  He wasn't happy but finally accepted it and went to sleep.  The next morning I was in the shower and Shannon had already left.  Chase came charging into the bathroom "we no out of milk mom!" Bless his heart he had woken up, remembered, and checked.  I told him we were going to the doctor to look at his ears and we had to wait until afterwards to have milk.  He charged off to get milk.  Knowing he couldn't get to the cups and the milk jug was too full for him to drink out of (yes he has been caught doing this) I finished showing before going to check on him in the kitchen.  What did I find?  Faithful big sister getting him a cup with the milk jug out ready to pour.  I explained he couldn't have it and he was so upset.  Callie again to the rescue entertained him till it was time to go.  She has been so much help with him lately from the initial ETN appointment to getting fingernails clippered she has explained and entertained and helped so much.  It melted my heart to see her getting him milk cause he so desperately wanted it.
On the way to their he said after I done at the doctor I get a lot of french fries - you want to please that kid get him french fries.  So to sonic afterwards we went.
He did great with getting the tubes in and didn't seem to have a clue anything happened.  He went to the nurse fine and wasn't too upset when he woke up.  Just ask me where I had been.  I stayed home with him until lunch and then Grandpa John watched him in the afternoon while I went into work.

No comments:

Post a Comment