CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Potty Trained!

Who else looks this cute doing their business!

I think we are officially potty trained!  We had played with it over the summer and he would go but then 5 min later he would go again.  He just didn't have the control.  So we gave it up and have messed with it some this fall but not a lot.  I did notice though that he would not go poop unless he had a diaper on.  So, sometime around the beginning of Nov I decided we didn't have much on one weekend and he was getting too close to 3 and he obviously knew what he was doing.  When we got home on that Friday night I took his diaper off.  He did great going peepee on the potty that evening.  The next morning I took his diaper off when we got up.  It wasn't long until he ask that I put a diaper on him.  I told him we were not going to wear a diaper, he would go in the big potty.  I knew he needed to poop.  So he went into the bathroom and wanted the ring on the big potty.  He sat right down and pooped!  He hasn't looked back.  I think we have only had one or two accidents since then.  He does pee sometimes at nap time.  Not too often but enough we usually put on pull up on him and he still wets at night.  At home he has been in underwear only when awake and at Mary's he wears a pull up but always comes home in the one he went in.

After doing so great that first weekend, I knew the transition to Mary's house was key as he would have a pull up on and not underwear like at home.  Alex at Mary's had a Thomas Book that Chase had accidentally gotten home with once and he really loved it (could NOT understand why Alex's mom took it home).  So we told him that if he went on the potty at Mary's he could have a Thomas book. I really wanted to find that book but struck out at walmart, biglots, and dollarstore - not much left in Pittsburg.  Hastings has so many and the kids books are not organized.  Just when I was about to give up I say a box of Thomas books.  It was a set of four and exactly what he LOVED.  So he got a book each night that week as each day he had no accidents.  I was so excited to find them --- and to have potty training out of the way!


No comments:

Post a Comment