CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 7, 2011

News - What do you think?

Callie's due date was Dec 2nd - she was born on Oct 31st at 35.5 weeks - 5 lb 12 oz
Connor's due date was July 13th - he was born on June 20th at like a day before 37 weeks - 7 lb 11 oz
Chase's due date was Jan 18th - he was born on Jan 4th at exactly 38 weeks - 9 lbs 4 oz
This one is due April 26-28th - when will he/she be born??????
Dr. Borello's words after Chase was born was something to the effect of if you ever went full term you would have a giant.  I personally thought 9lb 4oz was pretty good!!!

With Callie I was sound asleep and my water broke at I think a little after 1 in the morning and she was born at 12:20 right after noon so like 11 hours of labor,  a little more than 4 of which were after I had completely dilated - she wouldn't come out!  A LOT of pushing.

With Connor I was sound asleep and my water broke at 12:15 right after midnight and he was born at 7:55 AM so a little less than 8 hours of labor and less than a half hour of pushing.  I thought I had it made.  I had to wear oxygen as my blood pressure wouldn't stay up during labor so that was the annoying thing with him.

With Chase I had been having "leaking" type issues since nightime/early morning on the 2nd.  I went to the doctor on the 2nd because of it but they could not determine that it was fluid and since I was not far enough along could not admit me but said I would be back soon.  That night came and went as did the next day.  The the night of the 3rd into the 4th I had more "leaking" and I was so fed up.  It was a quarter till 3 and I decided I was calling my doctor who was on call the next morning!  As I was laying back down after nothing had come of it, I had a GOOD contraction.  So I decided to start timing them cause if I could get anything at all we were going.  It was 3:00 straight up.  Three minutes later another good contraction.  I decided to time them until 3:30 and if they were still going I was waking Shannon up and we were going. They stayed at 3 min apart and I was having a HARD time waiting to wake Shannon or laying still in bed thru them.  I waited though as it had been no time all.  He asked if he had time to shower and I said sure it has only been a half hour, they may still go away.  I had thought he would call his parents to get on their way to keep Callie before he got into the shower.  He didn't and I got a little worried at that point.  I wanted them on their way.  Yet still I thought I was being silly after all it had been no time.  So he got out and called them and they were there very quickly.  As I got around I was "leaking" enough to be pretty sure my water had broken even though it wasn't gushing like it had with the others.  The ride to Joplin was awful!!!!  And that doesn't even begin to describe it.  With the others we had talked all the way there.  Not this time.  I remember thinking I can do this.  Shannon can make it to Joplin in 30 min I bet and that is only 10 contractions at 3 min apart.  WOW it was bad.  When I stood up to go into the hospital I didn't think I could walk.  I did and they were taking their sweet time.  I told them it was one contraction on top of another.  They were wheeling me to L&D by then and the nurse said is this your first?  I said no my third and attitudes changed quickly.  I was logged in at 5:00 AM and with no time for an epidural Chase was born at 5:32 AM.

Sorry that was long but a history of my birth stories.  It should be interesting to see what is in store this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment