I love Chase's talk right now:
"hold me 'gain"
"sit me" - leaves out the with and often it is simply "sit" with a pat or point to where
"daddy color me" - again he isn't big on using with
last night he burped when I was rocking him and said "excuse me" - obviously we can credit Mary with that since at home it is often a burp followed by a giggle.
he now loves to read books but doesn't bring one or two, it is the whole stack
to go to bed we read, rock, then sing and then sing and then "sing 'gain" and I rock and rock and then lay him down and it usually takes daddy going in there, just once, for him to go to sleep
he sleeps with puppy and plays with him a lot too
when I get him up in the mornings he often says "close door" "turn off light" "stay home"
Callie rotates which of her three pillow pets she sleeps on each night
Callie gets up to her alarm if not before and gets herself all ready with no reminding
Chase at 2 throws his share of fits - when it is time to leave, can't do something, or a variety of other reasons - a few times now Callie has said something to the affect "Chase if you do.....then I will let you........ One time it was go into my room anytime you want. Too cute.
I may have written before about this but it was too funny last night....
When we first started Callie in dance at the Y she would cry cause I wasn't in the room, etc. so I started by telling her that we would get a happy meal when it was done. Well after a few weeks she loved it but we continued the happy meal tradition. Sorry any of you who think a happy meal a week is bad. Now even though our night at the Y is for gymnastics, not dance, we still do the happy meal. Chase has gotten into that from the ground floor and he loves "french fries"! Once before he was even 2 we were in the drive thru at the pharmacy and he started yelling "french fries". I was telling that at work about how bad it was that he knew that and a teacher told me it wasn't bad it was a great sign that he was that aware of his surroundings - yeah we'll go with that and not how bad of a mom I am that he gets them often enough to associate that - I really didn't think it was THAT often. So on to last night. We get home and Callie changes into her gymnastics outfit while I change clothes too. Chase says to me "go bye-bye?" and then he says Callie in her gymnastics outfit and says "french fries?" Oh my and Shannon says when he hears us pull in he doesn't even say mama but says french fries. He loves the jug of milk that comes with it too so that helps, right?
I may have written before about this but it was too funny last night....
When we first started Callie in dance at the Y she would cry cause I wasn't in the room, etc. so I started by telling her that we would get a happy meal when it was done. Well after a few weeks she loved it but we continued the happy meal tradition. Sorry any of you who think a happy meal a week is bad. Now even though our night at the Y is for gymnastics, not dance, we still do the happy meal. Chase has gotten into that from the ground floor and he loves "french fries"! Once before he was even 2 we were in the drive thru at the pharmacy and he started yelling "french fries". I was telling that at work about how bad it was that he knew that and a teacher told me it wasn't bad it was a great sign that he was that aware of his surroundings - yeah we'll go with that and not how bad of a mom I am that he gets them often enough to associate that - I really didn't think it was THAT often. So on to last night. We get home and Callie changes into her gymnastics outfit while I change clothes too. Chase says to me "go bye-bye?" and then he says Callie in her gymnastics outfit and says "french fries?" Oh my and Shannon says when he hears us pull in he doesn't even say mama but says french fries. He loves the jug of milk that comes with it too so that helps, right?

No comments:
Post a Comment