CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Random things



On the Sunday before we came back from spring break I gave Chase his first hair cut. He just had long pieces in the back on both sides that were long enough they stuck out from behind his ears. So while he was playing in the bath tub I cut them off. I told Callie as I was doing it that we wouldn't tell anyone I had done it if it looked bad. She responded with the fact that she didn't think it was a good idea for me to be doing it. Later in the evening after his hair had dried it needed to be blended in a little better so while Shannon was holding him I whacked on it a little more. Callie walked by and said well at least dad knows know :-) I don't cut their hair ever, rarely do I even try to trim Callie's bangs.
Last Friday when I went to pick Callie up from preschool there was a garage sale a couple houses down. I stopped to get the toy box for outside (see pic below). I explained to Mary why we were late and she said if I ever found another chair like the one she had that she would like more since the boys fight over it. Actually she said even though Chase was the youngest he always pushed the other two out and sat in his "throne". So we went to Joplin Saturday evening and the first stop was the semi annual consignment thing they have at John Q Hammonds. The first thing we saw was the "throne" so now Chase can be less of a bully at Mary's. We then went to Chuck E Cheese. Chase surprised me and love the couple rides they had that he could go on. He just wanted to stay on them even if they weren't going. Finally Chase and I went to Target and ToysRus to finish the Easter bunny shopping while Callie and Shannon stayed at Chuck E Cheese. I got good deals at ToysRus which always excites me!
Chase loves his new box :-)

The "Throne" at our house before we took it to Mary.

I continue to be amazed at the difference in kids personalities from birth, the difference between genders, and the difference that placement in the family has to make (first kid, middle, etc). I just never realized how different the kids would be, or I would be! Monday evening: Callie played inside dressed up having a tea party, Chase played outside getting so muddy that I had to take him straight in to the bath. They have both been needy lately. It has been so nice outside and Chase just loves it. Callie usually does too but has been wanting someone to play with her and her alone more. Chase has a fit if Callie sits on my lap. He marches straight over to get up there too and then tries to push her off.

Callie - all girl

Is this not a picture of a true man in training? Remote with belly hanging out and all!

Callie had Kindergarten round up yesterday. She loved it and is so excited to go. She just can't wait. She did awesome on the screening. When it was over she wanted to go see where she would eat. So we toured the school since the cafeteria is on the complete opposite end. We got to the cafeteria between elem and JH lunches and Callie really wanted to eat so the cafeteria girls gave her a tray and we sat and ate for awhile. She loved it all.
Callie also had her preschool big Easter egg hunt yesterday morning before Kindergarten round up. She had a blast and was telling me all about the egg they found that no one had hidden. It was from the Easter bunny but they didn't see him so they don't know when/how he hid it. She was so into it when she told me. She then went to tell Shannon. Except when she told him she ended the story with "it was from the real Easter bunny, I'm not shitting you". He worked hard to keep a straight face and tell her we didn't say that. She knew and said she wouldn't again. We have no idea where she got that from but we have sure gotten a lot of laughs out of it. Shannon was proud that she used it so appropriately.

No comments:

Post a Comment