Friday, April 19 - I wanted to use the $50 off that I had received the last time I had Cole's pictures taken to get one year pics. I have been pretty good to get his pic taken but have not always been on time (6, 9 month, etc). So we left work/school and headed to Joplin to have his pics taken, eat at BWW, and then go to the bounce house there. We were just hitting Joplin when I heard it - WHAT WAS THAT? - CALLIE DID COLE JUST VOMIT???? Oh yes he had - it was BAD. Shannon pulled into a Walmart parking lot and I tried to clean up what I could. It was supper bad smelling. We decided to head on to the mall if for no other reason that to get him out and better cleaned up before heading home - cause it was COLD outside and everyone was freezing from the parking lot clean up. Cole was crying for a drink so I gave him some water. He got sick again before even getting to the mall. Not looking good. I changed him into some jammies I had and sent the kids into the mall with Shannon while I tried to clean up the car / car seat. So much for BWW we grabbed a quick bit at the food court - Callie said she was sorry but I told her it was OK my appetite was not too great at that point :-) Cole acted fine so I figured what did we have to lose. I took him up to Penney's portrait studio and changed him into his outfit. He played and had a blast while we waited forever. Shannon and the kids went to the new mall arcade and played mini golf. Cole got great pics. We headed to the bounce house - it was CLOSED. The kids were so disappointed so we tried the other place in Joplin - it had a private party and was not open to the public that night. So we headed home for baths and bed!!!! The kids recovered from the disappointment very well. Cole never got sick or seemed even slightly off again - no clue!
Tuesday, April 23rd - Cole got his first hair cut and Chase was getting one. It was all in the back so it did not change his looks as much as I thought it would. I tried to find a couple before pics but this was the best I could do -
Drool much?
Thursday, April 25th - Cole's first birthday. Callie was so excited about it. She had told everyone. I had taken them to walmart to pick out presents for him. Callie was into it. Chase LOVED CHOOSING SOMETHING FOR "COLE". I kept reminding him it was for Cole. But that just like he shared with Cole, Cole could share with him. Callie got him blocks, Chase a lawn mower like Daddy's, and we got him a tractor that makes sounds. Since he needs nothing and really doesn't care we didn't do much - I can't wait to get him sandels!
Not sure why I wrapped them since Chase and Callie did most of the unwrapping!
Callie decorated cupcakes and we let him have one on his birthday. He was a mess! Blue was not a great choice! I don't think he really got much in his mouth but played with it a lot. Callie recorded it! Chase was not sure and said that next time I should probably give him one without frosting :-)
Saturday, April 27th - we had his birthday party. (Callie had the day off on Friday so the kids stayed with John and Linda. Shannon and I headed home after work to cook and clean. Shannon got sick and finally went to the doctor on Sat AM - strep and bronchitic) It was a yucky day but the party seem to go well. Cole had no clue but was happy!!!
I didn't take a pic of the cupcakes Callie decorated. This time he ATE it!!!
This blurry pic is the best I have of his new ride!
No comments:
Post a Comment