Friday night when we got home I collected passy and broke them - scissors. We did the same with Chase as we had with Callie in that they only had it during bed, car, or church time. However we had been a lot more strict in enforcing that with Callie. We "broke" Callie's over spring break right before she turned 2.5 so this was a similar time for Chase. I was dreading it so much because Callie had a pretty hard time falling asleep and especially napping for awhile after and I was also dreading it because he loved it so much and it was just another "baby" stage gone.
Nighttime came and we read books like always and he asked for pass. I told him it was gone but he insisted so I showed him how it was broken. He took it pretty well but continued looking at it, only once trying to suck on it, but just looking pitifully at it. We sang and he got in bed to find another pass. He took it well when he couldn't find one. He said "daddy fix?"
He went right to sleep, slept great, napped pretty good, and handled it so much better than I ever could have dreamed. He woke up the second night once and was a little upset but after some rocking went back to sleep. He was upset the first nap and I learned that going down for naps needed a longer routine but I could handle that fine.
We didn't go to church the first Sunday after but this past Sunday after not even mentioning pass for a week he asked for it. Stinker but was fine without it. He asked for it again one night and we finally made the big step and he thru the broken pass away.
He was so cute the first few nights and naps. He just kept saying "pass broke?" "daddy fix"
So glad to have that behind us now.
Moving
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment