Wednesday night we carved a pumpkin. Callie drew herself on the pumpkin-whole body and very detailed and was so disappointed that I couldn't carve it out. We wiped that off and Shannon drew an example that he then wiped off for her to try again. She said she couldn't do triangles so she chose circles. The one thing she insisted on was that it had eyelashes...after I did the first big one she said that wasn't what she was imagining....I did better after that:-)
Friday Callie had her birthday and halloween parties at preschool. They dressed in their costumes for the whole time at preschool and we came to pick them up a little early to see them parade. They had songs to do too but the cold wind shorted the process! Hattie and Callie were both going to be witches - they are dressed a lot alike for us not knowing what the other was wearing!
Saturday we had Callie's birthday party at lunch time and then trick-or-treated in the evening. Callie was really into going door to door again this year. Chase slept in the car :-)
The party was care bears. Callie and I made the cake...the first cake mix exploded, luckily I had a second white cake mix. I ordered the top sheet off the internet from yummy edibles and I thought it turned out great. Callie had to add the red and green sprinkles but I figured it was her birthday so whatever!!!!
Callie did this with her costume and care bear while I was cooking for the party.
We had an incredibly had to break witch pinata - not any too good of pics of it. I was worried that each kid wouldn't get a turn before it broke.....hahaha....they had to have help finally getting it broke.
The witch and the giraffe.
Playing with new toys.....together?

No comments:
Post a Comment