On Friday the 9th Chase had his 9 month doctor's appointment. He remained in, or slightly above, the 75th percentile in height and weight and kept his head's 90-95th percentile status :-) Afterwards we had the pictures posted below taken. Shannon went to the football game and I went home to give the kids a bath. Chase had been kinda close to crawling for awhile but was much more interested in walking - I really thought he would walk before he crawled because he really didn't like to try to crawl. So I took Chase out of the tub first and sat him on a blanket across the hall in his room and then went back to get Callie out. I told her to go get her jammies on in Chases room so he would quit fussing (doesn't appreciate being alone :-). I quickly let the water out and cleaned out the tub.....walked out the bathroom door and about stepped on a naked Chase man in the hallway. My first thought was how did he get here - surely Callie didn't drag him out here!!! Callie was putting on her PJs in the living room and I asked her if she moved Chase. We quickly discovered he had learned to crawl. He proceeded to crawl all over. Callie was so excited. She would take passy and give it a toss so he would crawl to get it....she did this over and over. She also had to call Grandma to tell her.
He is crawling everywhere now. I just can't believe how he went from moving a little backwards to proficent crawling in one night. He explores a lot now. He is more content and really likes to get into Callie's stuff. She usually handles this very well. She is great at watching him and letting me know if he is getting into something he shouldn't or going toward the stairs - Shannon is supposed to install the gate tonight. She is such a good big sister and such a big helper for mom and dad!!!!
In the last two weeks Chase has also gotten his two front top teeth in to go with his two bottom teeth. Started waving hi and bye (he usually claps for himself after he waves). AND we have started trying to feed him some table foods.....it is a slow process. He loves to feed himself but very little actually goes in the mouth and stays there....what a mess.
Moving
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment